Sunday, September 24, 2017 Exit Glacier fall colors

Seward, Alaska

A bit of blue sky encouraged me to head next to Exit Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park. The cottonwoods blazed gold and yellow, both on the trees and on the ground. Sunlight speckled the blue glacial ice; silt-laden brown water poured out beneath the glacier’s toe and rumbled down into the outwash stream in busy braids.

High on the mountainside, I spied two Black Bears peacefully grazing in the red and gold carpet. One BALD EAGLE, adult, cruised along the mountain; I'm not sure what it was seeking. Six other BALD EAGLES spiraled overhead, around and around in lazy loops. Closer to earth, a cheery BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE commented on the splendid afternoon from its perch in the alders.

I totally agreed, so glad I could so easily visit my national park on such a beautiful fall afternoon!

Happy Birding!
Carol Griswold
Seward Sporadic Bird Report Reporter










No comments:

Post a Comment