Wednesday, April 18, 2018 Dusky Goose

Seward, Alaska

Ava refound the DUSKY GOOSE eating grass along the Waterfront and kindly called to tell me. I watched the dainty goose eating the ever-longer green grass, and then some gravel from the bike path. She watched me taking photos from the car, but did not seem to mind. 

I could tell something was coming from behind me however, as she stopped eating and became more alert. Sure enough, a pedestrian came jogging along and walked right up to her with his cell phone, despite her honking and obvious distress, forcing her to fly. The idiot. Unperturbed, he jogged on to take a bad photo of two Bald Eagles perched high in a nearby cottonwood.

I noticed her tail feathers were quite frayed. Fortunately, the goose circled back and I left her standing in another patch of green grass. It’s lucky that the rain has kept most of the foot and bike traffic to a minimum. Maybe she will fuel up and head over to Cordova to join the other Dusky Geese.

Happy Birding!
Carol Griswold

Seward Sporadic Bird Report Reporter







No comments:

Post a Comment