Monday, February 25, 2013 Siberian Accentor



Monday, February 25, 2013 Siberian Accentor

About a foot of white fluffy snow dumped on Seward over the weekend, piling up on branches and burying the seeds scattered under feeders. I did find the SIBERIAN ACCENTOR, scratching in a depression at the base of a feeder, searching for millet and other small seeds. I got a few photos, partially obscured by snow-laden branches and old grass stalks. He (or she) is really quite a striking bird.

While I was quietly watching, standing very still, ready to take photos of the Bird, a PINE SISKIN landed on my left shoulder! Such a little, light spirit! Then, much to my surprise, a very curious one landed 5" away from my face on my camera lens, held at the ready. While I was marveling at this sight, another one landed on my hat! Needless to say, I was very, very pleased to be a temporary tree!

Happy Birding!
Carol Griswold
Seward Sporadic Bird Report Reporter 






No comments:

Post a Comment